Building trust in e-commerce home pages isn’t an easy task. This is regardless of having the best product on the market. You would still need people to be attracted to the product, and love it. However, a lot of companies fail to find loyal customers because of their inability to follow through on the promises they made on their products and services, and this is because their focus is solely on getting more customers, without thinking much of the ways to make customers happy. Once a prospect has been converted to a customer, that person has the highest potential out of anyone to become a loyal, long-term buyer. Your actions and inactions as regarding your products and services would determine if the customer would remain or leave. Below are some of the ways of building and improving your trusts on e-commerce pages:
- Make it easy for customers: One of the things you must do is to ensure that your product or service is incredible, especially if you mean to build a base of loyal customers. However, you’d need them to take a chance on your product in the first place, before you can do this. Studies have shown that the best brands make it easy for people to buy their products and services. As an illustration, Samsung makes phones for every price range. There are Samsung phones that cost about less than $100, and their premium ones that cost above $1000. This makes it easy for customers to buy, based on their budget. It’s important not to suffocate people with choices when you’re just starting a new company, because this may lead to confusion. This is because, in a lot of situations, people don’t know what they want to buy, so they’d rather revert to what they know, instead of taking a chance on you.
- Focus on simplicity: Simplicity is key in building trust on e-commerce home pages. Simplicity is a good strategy for getting people to buy your initial offerings, and also a way to advertise to them. One of the ways of applying the simplistic approach is by keeping your adverts simple. You may choose to use the same messaging over and over in slightly different ways. This is because people usually don’t react to things until it’s repeated to them. You may use the same tagline over and over. Find a way to say what differentiates you in a few sentences and keep driving that home. It might be boring, but don’t get tired, the repetition would pay off eventually.
- Find a niche: Another way to build trust on your e-commerce page is by realizing where you would excel the most. As an illustration, if you realize that your core demography listens to certain podcasts, then you should try and get into space, and create a buzz that would resonate with them. You may make use of influencers in a community that they trusted. This doesn’t just apply to podcast listeners, but the point is for you identify your target audience, and figure out what they listen to, what they read, or what interests them, then find a way to reach out to them through the platform. However, you must understand that it has to be more than just buy ads. You should try to establish a sense of trust to go with the buzz you create.
- Establish trust: One of the ways of building the trust in your e-commerce home pages is by fully immersing yourself in the community to earn their trust. You must show support to the community whenever they need it, and also show that you care about the customers. Loyalty and trust go both ways.
- Build a strong customer service team: Customers don’t stick with a company that breaks their promises. This is why it’s important for you to mean whatever you put in your ads. The best way of doing this is by building a customer service team that truly cares about the concerns of your customers. Even the customers that are unhappy would turn loyal if you can address their needs and concerns — some of the things your team needs to do include proper and prompt communication. You have to understand that getting someone to buy from you doesn’t mean they’d come back, and this happens because of various reasons such as poor customer service, broken promises, and so on. You have to do everything to avoid these factors. Overall, you must remember always to keep your word and satisfy the needs of your customers, that’s the way to get them to be loyal to you.
- Show empathy for your users: One of the most effective ways of gaining and boosting the trust your users have for you is by showing some empathy. This includes understanding exactly what they need and offering help and tutorials, articles, to help them use your product effectively. Remember, the goal is to make things as easy as possible for them.
- Follow usability principles
- Make thee-commerce experience accessible: You should try to make your product accessible to all, including people with disabilities. If a disabled individual wants to make use of your product, then realizes that he/she can’t, you’d have lost a potential customer due to the inaccessibility of your product. Making use of ambiguous messages, unclear instructions, complex custom controls, and reliance on visuals may be barriers. Accessibility is mostly considered a technical problem, but it’s a product problem. Below are some of the resources you could start with when looking to improve accessibility:
- Accessibility for teams
- Accessibility, usability, and inclusion: This focuses on how to include individuals with disabilities in workflow
- Vulnerability: One of the most important characteristics you should show is a mix of vulnerability and validation. An example of how to show vulnerability is going ahead with the soft launch of a product; if it’s an app, you should put out the beta version. This is to show that you’re working, and also improving your product, till you’re ready to release the final product.
Digital Marketing Company in Hyderabad | SEO, Adwords, Social media services. (2019). Retrieved from http://www.danithadigital.com/
Services: Search Engine Optimization » Vine Social Media Marketing. (2019). Retrieved from https://www.vinesocialmedia.com/services-search-engine-optimization