Are you looking to get paid as an influencer?
These days, companies turn to social media to sell their products and promote their brands giving established influencers colossal opportunity to monetize their social status. One of our young business owners has decided to be on the forefront of this opportunity by becoming an influencer himself in order to grow his own business into a potential nationwide franchise. He owns an interior and exterior painting company. Currently he is advertising in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. He is very busy but makes the time using his great communication skills to make video content on Instagram and YouTube in order to become his own best influencer marketing machine. He understands this is a long game for him, but he is young and has young children. He hopes to build a house painting empire that will benefit his family now and through the generations.
Influencing business is worth billions of dollars and has the potential of reaching trillions of dollars in a few years.
Smart influencers are raking in millions with YouTube videos and social media posts. A single post can earn you between 50 dollars and millions of dollars depending on your popularity.
Leading influencers are celebrities, they are big brands themselves, and most are bigger than the brands they are promoting, they are multi-millionaires with multiple streams of income, and you may have to be a big brand to afford their services. It is an opportunity for you to make yourself an option for those who can afford the big stars
Cristiano Ronaldo is the most followed on Instagram, with over 174 million followers and earns over 700k per post as a result. Since you are probably not a celebrity, you can’t earn like Ronaldo or Selena Gomez because of their massive popularity and influence but, through hard work, discipline, dedication, and creativity, you can be one of the best influencers and earn your millions too.
Huda Kattan, a makeup expert, reaches 29 million followers with makeup tutorials and make money for that. Kayla Itsines is a fitness expert from Australia, she reaches out to 11 million followers and is named as one of the 30 most influential people on the internet by Time magazine. You can build yourself to the top of the influencer pyramid if you work hard and stay creative.
How can I Attract Offers as an Influencer
You have to be selling something brands want to be attracted to, after all, they are paying for what you have to offer. Apart from having lots of followers, there are a few attributes that endear influencers to prospective companies and brands willing to partner with them.
- Write Beautiful and Insightful Contents: Followers, as well as brands, are attracted to accounts that post quality and insightful posts regularly that keeps their followers engaged, not posting what people can relate to or not posting frequently enough makes your audience bored and notice your posts less when you eventually do.
- Quality Photos: Pictures say a thousand words, and as with Instagram, the number 1 social media for influencers, it’s all about pictures. Snapping quality photos will keep you noticed. You can take extra steps to ensure your pictures are of the highest qualities, you can buy latest photo technologies or even hire a professional photographer for the purpose, and the latest smartphone suffices in most cases though.
- Gifts: Giving out gifts at regular intervals will make your real followers stay tuned. Everyone loves a gift or 2, dedicate few hundred bucks for this month and watch your followership soar.
- Join Influencers’ Agencies: It is highly recommended for upcoming influencers to join a network of influencers, most brands consult these networks for appropriate influencer for their campaign. Joining a network or getting an influencer marketing agent will improve the number of adverts you promote drastically.
In What Ways Can I Advertise?
As an influencer, there are many ways of promoting brands. The most common ways are as follows:
- Be a Brand Ambassador: The most lucrative way of making money from adverts is to represent the brand. An Ambassador or brand is the face of the brand, and his face can be used in billboards, appear in videos as well as use their product and services.
- Sponsored Post: Brands pay influencers to create a post about their brand, a fee is charged, and the name of the brand is boldly indicated.
- Feedback: Another way influencers can promote a brand is by sharing their wonderful experience about the product or service.
- Influencer Takeover: Brands can sometimes leave their social media account in the hands of an influencer for a day or two in order to promote their product and drive followers. A takeover could involve a day in the life of the influencer, that details few of their activities in the day like traveling, studio session and gym workouts.
Do you Need an Influencer Agent?
Influencer agencies act as a medium between brands and influencers. Both the influencers and the brands employ Their services. Their responsibility to the influencer is to find them jobs from top companies, and they are invaluable to brands in identifying the ideal influencers for their products.
While established influencers might not need the services of an agent, upcoming influencers might need their services not only to get jobs but to learn the ropes in the game as well. Beyond connecting brands and influencers, agencies play another critical role in enforcing regulations applicable to social media influencing. Examples of regulations enforced are earning cap and compulsory disclosure of association with brands.
Are you looking to get paid as an influencer?
What is an Influencer Marketing Agreement?
Influencer marketing agreement is an agreement between brands and influencers that spells out details of the contract and hold up both parties up to their respective responsibilities. Contents of marketing agreement may vary, but these features are a constant in every agreement:
- Parties Involved: It is important to spell out the names of the parties involved in an agreement. For example, this is an agreement between Mo Salah and Pepsi clearly spells out the name of the influencer and brand.
- Pay: The worth of the contract is clearly written too.
- Mode of Payment: It is usually indicated if the contract incentive is cash or batter for products and services or maybe even free.
- Length of Contract: Duration of the contract is spelled out too. Whether it is yearly or for years and if renewable after some years
- . Medium: It is crucial to indicate where the promotion will be done. Is it Instagram or Facebook? Alternatively, maybe it’s across numbers social media.
- Job Description: How the promotion will be done. Is it by video or audio or just social media posts
- Usage Right: Owners of contents used are also spelled out to protect copyrights.
- Clauses: Important clauses that uphold and voids the agreement are spelled out too.
You can make millions from advertising as an influencer if you are hardworking, professional, and creative. Apart from your contents and your reach, working with agencies and networks can significantly increase your engagements and take you to the top of influencing world.