Having multiple sources of revenue is one of the most effective ways of becoming rich. It’s difficult to become financially free with a job that pays the same salary and doesn’t promote you in years. Regardless of the type of job you do, having multiple streams of income is the way to go. This could be a blog, a website where you sell ads to people, or you could create a YouTube channel, and talk about the things you like, baking cakes on weekends and so on. There are a lot of things to do as a side job that could increase your earnings. The internet has made things really easy for everyone. In most cases, you don’t even need to leave your home before you earn some extra cash. You can slowly build your business or your platform, slowly growing your online traffic till you’re ready to monetize it.
However, the cases where some people do not have a need for multiple streams of revenue. This includes people that are already financially free, and do not have a need for some extra cash. There are many factors that could discourage people from wanting to explore additional ways of making money.
What Are The Benefits Of Having Multiple Revenue Streams?
Apart from making more money, there are other reasons for having multiple streams of revenue. Below are some of these reasons:
- It’s easier to generate multiple small revenue producing streams, over a large one. As an illustration, it’s easier to develop three streams that generate $1000 each, as compared to one that makes $3000 at once. In addition, if the business that generates $3000 crashes, you’d back to nothing, but it’s impossible for 3 streams that generate $1000 each, to crash at the same time.
- It provides financial security: People that have only one stream of income are always at risk. This is because they can lose their job, or business at any time, and would be left with nothing. On the other hand, losing one of your businesses just means that you’d get to focus on the ones you have left.
- It keeps the soul alive: Doing something else, apart from what you do every day is refreshing. Making some money off is this would be icing on the cake. This also helps you to avoid boredom associated with your job.
- Do what you love: Your side job that brings some revenue can also be something that interests you or your passion. As an illustration, there is a nurse that loves cooking. She decided to start a blog on cooking, and started putting up content every other day, and whenever she’s free. She did for many months, and she started getting a lot of traffic on her blog. She now sells ad spaces on her blog, because of the traffic she gets. She eventually had to quit her job, and focus on blogging, because it pays way more, and she would also have more time to put out more content.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Having Multiple Streams Of Revenue?
There are some few disadvantages of having multiple streams of revenue. Below are some of them:
- It might get difficult managing the different streams of income, especially when it’s more than 2, or your main job takes a lot from you. In cases where your main job is very demanding, it’s best to choose a side job that is less demanding.
- It requires a lot of effort and takes a lot of balancing to give the proper attention to the multiple streams of income that would lead to growth.
- It might take a long time before the various streams of revenue to take off. This can be time wasting and energy consuming.
How To Create Multiple Streams Of Income
There are various ways of creating multiple streams of income. Below are some of them:
- Get a paper, and write down a service that you can offer, or a product you can sell. This could be anything, such as virtual assistant, freelance writer, baker, chef, swimming instructor and so on.
- After identifying what you can do. Look for ways you can develop yourself, and monetize in the long run. This could be by writing and selling books, courses, merchandise, coaching, advertising and so on.
Ways to Create Passive Income
- Freelance business: This is the type of job you can do on the side. You can also plan your time around it. A freelance means you can offer any service you’re capable of money. This includes freelance writing, telemarketing, virtual assistant, web designing, teaching your language and so on. This might be difficult initially, but you’d grow into it. There are people that live in freelance jobs. There is no limit to how much you can earn, as long as you’re ready to work.
- Affiliate marketing: Affiliate marketing works by signing up for a company, then selling their products. As an illustration, if you own a fashion website, you could become an affiliate of a design company. You can earn a lot of money by doing this. The more traffic your website gets, the more money you get paid. There are people that make millions of dollars just by affiliate marketing. The hard part of affiliate marketing is that it might take a while before you start getting a lot of traffic on your page. The best way to do this is by constantly putting great content on your page.
- Investments: This is a great way of earning passive income. You don’t have to actively do anything, other than investing in the right things, such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds and so on. However, you should not do this unless you have a good knowledge of financial investment. If this is not the case, you should consult an investment banker, or your financial advisor, on how best to invest your money. These types of investments give monthly, quarterly or yearly returns.
- Real estate: People make a lot of money fixing and flipping houses. However, you need to get some training, and some acquire some certificates in real estate.
5 Ways on How to Generate Revenue From Site Traffic – ContentMarketingUp. (2018). Retrieved from http://www.contentmarketingup.com/5-ways-on-how-to-generate-revenue-from-site-traffic/
Finding New Ways to Generate Revenue. (2018). Retrieved from https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/172496
Generate Revenue Online – ways to build your online business. (2018). Retrieved from http://generaterevenueonline.com/